Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sleepy Sleepy Sleepy

My sleep schedule is seriously F'd.

Of course, it's hard to complain about it to my friends, who seem to like to turn it into a big pissing contest about how they sleep less and do more with their day, but that still doesn't exactly help me sleep, now does it? I'm at a point lately where I only sleep every other night, and spend the alternating nights up all night working on my portfolio, art trades, or tutorials. My brain feels like it's melting slowly, and it's aggravating. Especially because my odd sleep cycle has my mother thinking I'm on drugs (I'm serious, she asked me- as if I could afford drugs if I wanted to. Hell, I don't even like taking prescribed medication!). But at least I can say that I'm actually getting some stuff done, and my level of procrastination has gone down at least a little due to all my free time at night.

It's been an odd week- I've been spending a lot of time with my brother lately, which is weird because he and I were never all that close growing up. Truth be told, I wasn't a great older brother when we were kids, I was way too focused on my own issues to bother helping him with his. But now that we're older and in college, I'm doing everything from playing Xbox with him to helping him with his homework. I look back and wish he and I had been like this when we were younger, because I'm enjoying a chance to finally connect with a member of my family- something I haven't done since before my grandmother died. It's a nice change of pace.

The rest of my life is pretty up in the air these days. Doing my best to play catch-up in school, help around the house, and find time to talk to Monica, which is hard to do because of how much she works. We talk a lot less than we used to and it's hard for me, and it seems like the more I try to push things back to the way they were, the farther it gets from it. We're working through it despite the roughness over a 7 hour distance, but I wish our schedules would actually let us at least get a phone call in (though getting her to pick up her phone for anything but texting and Twitter is like pulling teeth- she's worse than my sister sometimes).

It's at the point where I need to start searching for a summer job now, and as much as I don't want to get a job on campus, it may be my only choice with the way the job market has been in Emporia the last few years. There's a small chance I can get hired on as a cook at Bobby D's, working with Caleb, which is nice because I love working in a kitchen and I have experience as a fry cook. So here's crossing some fingers.

Anyway, I guess that's it- another life update from the Rantmaster! Enjoy the last couple of weeks before summer vacation, and take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment